Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Coconut Syrup!!


Okay... so those are just your ordinary pancakes from a pancake mix and blueberries but the recipe I am posting is for the Coconut syrup that is on top of the pancakes! This stuff is so wonderful!! I found the recipe again on the sisters cafe. Dusty doesn't even care for coconut and he loves the stuff! I made it first with french toast and then put the leftovers in the fridge. It is supposed to last about a month but I don't know if we will ever make it that long. We are already on our second batch! Goodbye Mrs. Butterworth's!!!

Coconut Syrup

7-8 T. butter
¾ c. buttermilk
1 c. sugar
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp coconut extract

Place butter, buttermilk and sugar in a pot. Then turn stove on medium and stir until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil and boil one minute. Remove from heat and add soda and flavoring. It will bubble up; just continue to stir and give it a few minutes for the 'fizz' to reduce before serving. Store the leftovers in the fridge and then just mircowave for the next breakfast!

6 comments:

  1. You need my coconut Pancake recipe. It is great. Shawn does not like pancakes but he loves these. And then you make scratch maple syrup. SO GOOD!
    I'll have to try this syrup sometime...(but obviously not on coconut pancakes)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kim & Dust-Buster,
    This is TiAnn (Christian) Finn, I stumbled across your blog, and wow you have the cutest little girls! We have 2 girls too, (we think girls are the best). We live in Nampa, Paul's going to school at Boise State. Looks like you guys are doing great and having fun. Take care.

    http://allaboutfinns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to try it.Sounds wonderful. you must enjoy cooking. So do I. Your girls are getting so big. It seems when you are away people change so much faster.
    I hope you all have great Eater!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember when we went on our fourth year hike and it rained all night and we dug that dumb trench around our sad little tent? I found those pics of you and me and whit and leslie the other day and cracked up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim! I made this delicious coconut syrup the other day and tested it out with my brother & his wife last night and they both loved it! It's totally yummy! Good find!
    We'll need to have Jenni post those pictures online to look at. I'd bet we'd all get a good laugh out of it! Good times! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blog Kim- You should post about your uphill run today. 3.5 miles up a mountain is definitely blog-worthy.

    ReplyDelete